Saturday, April 19, 2008

Alex's Game





We had a very nice afternoon watching Alex's BB team (Bethany Lutheran) beat UMM down in Mankato.  It was a triple header.  Score of the first game was 13-1 and when we left towards the end of the second game it was 7-0 or something like that.  Alex plays centerfield and pitches.  He had some nice hits.  I'm so glad we got to see him play.  He's a senior(engineering) so we were running out of time.  As you can see from the photo's, Ted, Jim & Darlene were there too. It's only 90 mn for them to drive to his home games so that's nice for them.  Weather was rather chilly and cloudy, unlike the sunshine that was prevalent in the western part of Mn.  As we were driving home, we caught up with the sunshine around Sauk Centre.  Looking forward to basking in the sun while doing yard work on Sunday.  
  On Sat morning, I wanted Dan to check out Costco and we ended up with a new tv for the cabin and a membership, not to mention new towels, laundry soap, pasta, bread, milk, etc.....  We decided that it's a handy spot for Dan to hit on his way back from the Mpls office. So we'll try the membership thing for a year and see how it goes.  Nancy introduced me to Costco this winter and I was pretty impressed.  I forgot to mention that I also bought a big tub of flowers for the deck.  I couldn't resist.  I'll post a picture of them later, they're safe inside the garage for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have a schedule of when Alex's games are, I'd love to try to get the kids to one of them. Sam thinks it's pretty cool to go see cousin Alex ( or Uncle Dano) play in REAL baseball games!
SS

the tattered nest said...

brrr. that looked chilly. We were planning on doing the same thing you were today! Where is the sun? I am having a hard time getting motivated this morning...