Friday, April 18, 2008

Grade level change

I was informed this week that I will be teaching first grade next year!  I wasn't really surprised as there were 2 first grade spots they needed to fill.  In a few years I might have an opportunity to go back to fourth if I'd like to.  I enjoy teaching first grade but it is mentally and physically exhausting most days. I think my batteries are recharged after a nice 3 year stint in 4th.  I have missed using my puppets,  fun picture books and the satisfaction of watching their writing and reading progress so dramatically.  I will have a fun teaching partner too. I have always been lucky that way. Change keeps life interesting.  So, back to first I will go....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you get to stay In Elbow Lake, or do you have to move to Kensington? You will have to have a very relaxing summer to get ready mentally and physically! Ann

the tattered nest said...

thanks for your kind comment on my blog today..Those first graders are blessed to have you for a teacher!

Anonymous said...

YOU WILL BE A GREAT FIRST GRADE TEACHER.WISH I COULD BE YOUR AID.

Laurie said...

I will be staying in Elbow Lake, thank goodness!! Nothing against K-town but it's just too far away and we don't plan to relocate again due to my job. I only get 20 mpg with the SUV.