Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ice Report

This is what the lake currently looks like.  It's getting very slushy looking and is open around the shore.  You can also see that it's a fairly gray day.  Where is all the sunshine they predicted earlier?  I am not very impressed with the weather forecasters lately.  We were hoping to work in the sunshine this afternoon but have resigned ourselves to cool and gray.    I am going to rake a little in the flower beds, look at this....

The sedum on the south side of the house is coming up nicely.  I need to remove the old heads.  The irises are about an inch up too.  Well, I'd better get out there and get to work.  And do I see a ray of sunshine??  Yes, I think I do!!!!

Just returned from about 4 hours working in our yard  and doing a little spring cleaning in the cabin.  What a difference a year makes down there!  The sun finally worked it's way through the fog and it was very pleasant out.  A cabin neighbor said Saturday was absolutely gorgeous, sunny and calm all day.  We're getting set to grill so I need to go season the steaks.  We have a lot of rib steaks left so we're trying those on the grill this evening.  Dad will be butchering another cow soon so we need to make room in the freezer.

No comments: