Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Microfiber-Good deal!

Some of you know that I attended a Norwex home party and bought some items that were a little overpriced but are very effective cleaners.   They are microfiber cloths and many from Norwex have a metal thread inside each tiny fiber which makes them (supposedly) kill 99.7% of bacteria and only need water or can be used dry to dust/polish.  In THIS week's Target ad. I noticed that they had packs of MFcloths in the car section for $5.99.  

At Target this evening I happened to remember and went to see if they seemed/felt similar and they REALLY do.   For that price I bought a 8 pack of the 16x16 orange cloths and a 12 pack of the 12x12 blue and whites.  That is practically free compared to what I paid for just one Norwex cloth.  Granted, it doesn't have the metal fiber but if those tiny fibers grab the mess, that's the main thing.  Isn't a little bacteria good for us anyway?  The normal price is $6.99 so if you miss the sale you're only out $1.  
When I got home, I compared labels and the Norwex label says 70% polyester 30%polyamide made in Norway.  The Vroom label says 80%polyester and 20%polyamide made in China.   So they are fairly similar.  (Microfiber was invented in Norway)

This post is getting too long but I should tell you some good uses for microfiber.  It will clean your stainless steel with just drops of water like you won't believe.  It's great for smooth top ovens.  It's supposed to be wonderful for Granite or other stone countertops-I wouldn't know but they say granite is hard to keep from looking streaky-kinda like stainless steel.  You can wash and dry dishes, wash your face, perfect for tvs/computers, awesome for streakfree windows and they even sell window polishers.  I paid a LOT of money for a Norwex polisher.(I am too embarrassed to tell you.)  Vroom sold many other microfiber cleaning products too.  They have a bigger towel that would be perfect for a hair towel or baby towel as it absorbs so quickly and is super soft.  It must be good for cleaning cars too!
You should definitely check out the car section in Target!  End of sales pitch.
What are you waiting for....get to Target.

1 comment:

Danette Fettig Halloran said...

I LOVE the microfiber towels you gave me Laurie. They are FANTASTIC! Thank You!