Sunday, April 6, 2008

Got Snow??














































The snow started at 11:30 and at 5, we have close to 4 inches I'd say.  Not sure if we're done yet.  I talked to Mom and Dad and they have no snow, which surprised me.  Then there's Shari who reports a foot of snow last night alone.  She was going to post a picture on her blog so check it out if you're curious.  The birds have been crazy at the feeder and sadly I am very low on sunflower seeds.  Big Kitty is having a very active afternoon chasing the birds away from the window feeder that is posted above.   
I like the picture that shows the tree full of birds.  If you look closely you will see 3 different kinds/colors.  I just missed the goldfinch or it would have been even more colorful.
That cardinal knows that he looks beautiful against the white snow.
Did you get snow at your house?

4 comments:

Shari said...

I didn't really want to win the snow contest this weekend, but now that I'm in it I'm really trying to kick butt. It's coming down hard again and I'll be amazed if I have school tomorrow. I'll post a picture tomorrow when we have 20+ inches.

Anonymous said...

We had the same kind of weather last year, the first weekend in April, only we didn't have school on Mon- or Tues. Not as lucky this year. Hoffman didn't get any snow til over night. Hard to believe that 8 miles can make that much difference. Kris

Shari said...

It is funny how a few miles can make a huge difference. If you lived where we do or east or west of us, you got anywhere between 20 to 28 inches of snow. If you lived 30 minutes south of us, you got 2 inches of snow and started school two hours late. That's quite a difference!

Shari said...

I just saw on the news that Virginia had 32 inches of snow! That's right up there with the Halloween blizzard from the early 90s. I'd say we got about 25 inches.