Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Stock Yards of Fort Worth

This photo was taken strictly for my blog and fourth graders.  They wondered if the guy was Mr. Smith.  Seriously.  So I said yes.
Here I am with the real Mr. Smith.  The Stock Yards are a great taste of the wild west years ago where they used to round up and ship all the cattle and maybe other livestock? Lots of western shops, bars, restaurants, longhorns and cowboys.  It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon and the weather was an absolute 10!  We found a wonderful Mexican restaurant here.
No, I did not dance here.  I missed my big opportunity to dance at the Love Shack, a little old place where we can get together....love shack baby yeah!  My favorite wedding dance song.
We missed the cattle drive but got to see this guy ride by on his "horse."
Mike and Dan enjoyed a Twins/Ranger game on Saturday night at the new Arlington stadium.  Twins won 12-6!!!!!  Thanks for the photo, Mike!!

1 comment:

Shari said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time. It looks like a fun place to visit.