Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Apple Dip Tested

For those of you who have been waiting to try the cream cheese apple dip until I actually tested it, it's a thumbs up for sure.  I made it last night and brought it to school for our first grade apple day.  I used Kris's Honey Crisps and the kids LOVED them.  Thanks again Kris!  I gave them each about a teaspoon of dip to try if they wanted and get more if they liked it.  Of the 16 in class today, about 8 liked the dip quite a bit including two who would have licked the bowl if I would have let them!  That's not bad for 6 year olds.   I may have to do some more cooking with them.

On Sunday evening, I made apple crisp with the tart apples and it is so yummy.  I'm eating the last of it right now and even reheated in the microwave without ice-cream it's delicious.  Dan requested apples with caramel dip so I'll make that on Wed night when he gets home from the cities.   I'm making Paula's Round Steak in the crockpot tomorrow so we'll have an easy dinner.  It's in the Cyrus Trinity Cookbook if you have that on hand-so is the apple crisp recipe that I use.  

Speaking of the cities, first graders are so funny, I had to clear up an argument between two of them last week.  A little girl came up to me and said that another child said her grandparents lived in Minneapolis or St. Paul, not "The Cities" like she said.  She was very unhappy about it so I told her that she was right since they are cities.   First graders say some very interesting things and I really should be writing a book.

No comments: