Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Book ideas requested

Many of my blog readers are avid readers and I am asking you to post some of your favorite reads from the last couple of years.  My book club needs some new ideas for 2009.  Whether they were book club reads or just on your own, please share. 
 This book, The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox is definitely worth your time.  It was our Sept/October selection.  A young woman is institutionalized  for 60 years and this short novel tells her story through the voices of 3 women.  The story stays with you because you know this kind of thing actually happened to many women.  The details of this story slowly unfold and the ending hits you hard.  A book that really makes you think and feel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the better books I've read lately is Flight by Sherman Alexie. Also, I think your book group would like The Dog Says How by MN humorist/writer Kevin Kling. It's G-rated Sedaris. Also I have heard that Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowel is funny and great in a Sedaris-like way.