Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just Wednesday...


I just love the photo directly above.  I cannot take credit for it however, found it on a google search for pretty fall photo's.  Tonight I walked down to the point and picked some bittersweet that I found while kayaking last week.  It looks nice but will look better when it pops open.  It was a nice evening here, pretty sunset but it's very chilly.  I hope we are due for another warm spell.
On Tuesday, the Bargain Bazaar had it's "soft" opening.  That is a new term for me and it means that it wasn't an advertised opening,  people were simply told to go to the new store by a sign on the old store.  Well, they had a great soft opening and made over $600!!!  I stopped in over my lunch hour and bought a cool winter hat, vintage looking but quite new, a brand new big candle, and some other goodies.  Tonight I am trying to fill up a bag of fall and winter items to donate.  Shari, somebody bought your Halloween bowl on the first day and Shelly, your pretty tablecloths sold too in the seasonal room.  They have been saving all of the seasonal items since they came in last winter.  I will have to remember my camera soon and snap some photo's.  I must say it is the nicest thrift store I have ever been in.  The location is awesome too, right across the street from the grocery store and down from Duebers.  No flooding in this store either.  Thanks to all of you who have donated items to the Bargain Bazaar and helped make it a great success!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic picture! It makes my eyes water. Deb