Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SMART!!!

A Smart board pretty much like this one will be installed in my classroom tomorrow over MEA break!  I am VERY excited about how this will impact my classroom and help to engage students.  It's hard to tell from this picture but the screen is 77 inches square so it covers a big wall in my room.  At the end of the day I had the kids move their desks so that they will face this screen instead of the overhead screen.  I had to do some other re-organizing and moved a big file cabinet out of the room to free up space, it felt good to get rid of some of those papers that either belonged in 4th grade or I hadn't used in years.  I will take a photo of it in my actual classroom next week.  Tomorrow, I will meet the tech coordinator so that he can show me how to turn the thing on!! :)  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy MEA break, how did you get the smartboards? We're in the process of writing grants to get them for our Science department right now. Looks very cool!
Shelly