Sunday, October 26, 2008

Miscellaneous

The last flower from the 2008 growing season-a white geranium.  I am trying an old fashioned method this winter-I will pull the geraniums out shake out the roots and cut half the plant down and store in a bag all winter.  You are supposed to spritz them with a little water a few times and then in the spring re-pot them and magically they will grow again.   Amy Johnson and her mother in law swear by this method.
Here's a picture of my good friend and colleague-Shirley Kassenborg.  We're posing because I'm wearing a skirt that her twin sister Sheila used to own.  Shirley generously gave me a huge bag full of Sheila's hand me downs.   We wear exactly the same size and have similar taste.    Most of the clothing was from Anne Taylor Loft, Banana Republic & JCrew-nice stuff!! There were 7 skirts in that bag and I love wearing skirts to school.  We're going to send this picture to Sheila.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laurie, you look awesome! So sorry the weather is cold already for you. But I do look forward to seeing pretty winter pictures on your blog! Miss you guys!
D.