Thursday, October 16, 2008

SMART talk

The SMART board is up and running and is it ever cool!  It is actually nicer than the one in the photo as my speakers are bigger  and I have a DVD-VCR player as an accessory.  Mine is a Generation 2 600i if that means anything to those of you who are familiar with them.  Shelly asked how we got them and we didn't all get them, just three classrooms.  There is currently one in the HS  (math) and one in each elementary building.  It sounds like the plan is to use grant money for 2 more in the HS soon.  I was selected because I have been using a digital projector for about 5 years now and they know I'd make good use of it.  Other teachers are beginning to use and request their own digital projectors and our hope is that we'll be able to get more SMART boards in the future.  Our education foundation purchased the first three to get the process started.

No comments: