Sunday, July 29, 2007

Fun up North

Shari and I went to a fun shop in Hibbing last week called Rummage in the Park. They have a great selection of vintage dresses. We tried on lots of fun stuff, very much like playing dress-up and picked one outfit for the other to wear in a photo for my blog. This is the Asian dress that I had Shari model and she found the nice shoes! Nice leg and a great smile. She would want me to remind you that she is hamming it up for this photo. :) If you want to see our dresses in greater detail you will have to click on the photo. I'm experimenting with smaller photos to see if it makes my blog easier to load.
Okay, here's the 100% polyester number that Shari picked out for me. It wrapped right around my neck and I felt like I was choking but I also felt like I needed to find a guitar and belt out my favorite country tune. Back then when they said a dress was a small size, they meant it. We were both glad we didn't have to wear those numbers for more than posing purposes. Ellen refuses to go with us anymore as we spend far too much time there than she cares to.
It was hot up on the Iron Range too-90's and plenty of humidity. Ellen beat the heat with her slip and slide. Shari and Carly are in the background. FYI the house you can see in the background is their neighbor's messed up house. There's a long story behind that place and a reason why Shari and Paul are letting the grass grow nice and tall to block the view.
Shari, Ellen, Carly and I drove down to see Royce, Lynn and Gracie, oops, can't forget Ollie! I caught her here with a big yawn. We held her a lot but she slept through most of it. She has regained her birth weight and doing just fine. Lynn is looking great too as you can see in this photo. Royce is building the fireplace behind them, it's about 12 feet high or more and he only has a couple feet to go. It's beautiful.
Open Eyes!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie, In that dress you could have been in the movie "Walk the Line". Thanks for having us over on Saturday! Ann

Anonymous said...

Does Gracie have brown eyes? Joey and I are looking up close at her picture and I said, "I think she has brown eyes," and Joey said, "Like I do?" I hope she does. N