Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Glendalough State Park


On Saturday, we enjoyed hiking in Glendalough State Park north of Battle Lake with Joel and Amanda. It was our first time there. They have nice trails that wind around small lakes, nice camping spots and a shingle style house that you can rent which would be fun for family reunions. The first picture is staged, which you can probably tell without me saying but in the bottom picture we all took a turn looking at a loon family. The babies are quite large by now, gray bodies and no spots yet that we could see. That was neat to see. The deer flies however were not a lot of fun. They were constantly hovering around us and especially around me as I made the mistake of using some hair product in the morning. The rest of the group even asked me to walk up ahead as the flies weren't so bad when I wasn't around. :) I'm glad we finally made it to this park.

No comments: