Monday, July 23, 2007

Heading Up North

I am heading up north to Keewatin this afternoon. It's a fun trip that I think I have made almost every summer since Shari moved up there. These pictures are from a couple of summers ago when it was prime blueberry picking. Paul says it is not looking good this year for the wild berries as you can see in the picture above.
Blueberries grow quite low to the ground. It takes a while to fill up a little bowl. Carly was just getting started in this photo. I love this picture and have it framed at home with another of Ellen with her bowl which is quite a bit more full.
You have to bend down to get the berries. We were in a remote spot somewhere in a 25 mile vicinity of Paul and Shari's. That's all I can tell you as I was blindfolded on the way there and back.
That summer we drove up to Ely. They have a lot of fun shops and restaurants and great flowers. It's about 90 mn north of Keewatin. Shari and Ellen posed in this pretty garden.
This sign at a restaurant made us all laugh. You will have to click on it to enlarge it and read what it says in parenthesis. How can you be sad after that? I forgot about that sign-fun to see it again! It's the little things.
I'll be back on Thursday. Try to stay cool. Laurie
PS
I almost forgot..Shari, Ellen, Carly and I are going to drive down to see Gracie on Wednesday!!! We'll see Lynn and Royce too of course. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie, I LOVE your BLOG and finally got around to "catching up" on your postings! What fun!! You are an expert writer and photographer. I'm so glad you captured those sunsets. I need to take my camera down there. The other night, the reflection in the water was just spectacular! Tonight the water was like glass! I watered your tomatoes tonight and also gave a little drink to your other plants in case I don't get there tomorrow. Have fun up NORTH!!! Jan
PS I have more green beans for you!

the tattered nest said...

Hi, Hope you had a good time "up north" as well...gone are the days you can head north to beat the heat! You have to get back to Duluth!(especially canal park)it has really changed in the last few years!