Monday, April 30, 2007

Cabin Color


The cabin is primed thanks to Dan. I was too busy painting the kitchen cabinets over and over, remember? Here's a green we're considering. I tried a couple other greens that we weren't satisfied with and this one looks promising. We don't want it too dark, but don't want mint green either. I only bought a quart of this so I can try again. I'm wondering if I shouldn't go just a shade darker or just go with this. I can see it with the red shingles, white window boxes with red geraniums but a little more of an olive or sage would work too. This light green will contrast nicely with the green grass and leaves. That's something I didn't really think about until a neighbor mentioned that. I have been looking at green paint samples too often and I'm starting to feel a little nuts about it. It's only paint, right? Dan can't take my indecision over green any longer so I can't talk to him. Does this look okay? I'll take any advice from anyone out there. Thanks!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

I think you should go a little darker...Nancy

Laurie said...

Yeah, I think so too. There's a Behr color called Sagey that I'm going to try next, it's at least 3 shades darker. I might pick it up in Fergus tomorrow afternoon and then test it next weekend. Annette thought that darker would be more cabin-like too. Thanks for your reply.

Anonymous said...

The house I like outside of Little Falls is a darker shade of that sort of green. I would also go darker.

Anonymous said...

It looks nice but could be a little darker, not much, just a little. Ann

Laurie said...

I thank all of you very much for your comments. This is one of the reasons that I love to have a blog. I picked up another quart of what I thought was a significantly darker green but ended up being about a shade darker and more muted so it took a little of the brightness out. I painted during a rain break and I think it might be just right. I'll put a second coat on tomorrow if it's dry and see how that looks and maybe post another picture before we leave.