Thursday, April 26, 2007

New Floor

Here's the new floor! We're very happy with it. I had to put 2 more coats of paint on the cabinets but I finally think I'm done. I had an eggshell finish and it was too flat so I finished up with a semi gloss and that was perfect. The ceiling is almost done. I wish I would have taken a picture of the ugly light fixture that was in the kitchen. I found exactly what I was looking for at Home Depot for only $29 so we were happy about that. Can't wait for that to go up. This Saturday, the wainscoat goes up on the walls and crown molding and then more upper cabinet work. We got the electricity upgraded on Tuesday so that we can run a decent window air-conditioner without blowing a fuse. It seems like a lot has happened but we still have a long ways to go. We hope to have it ready to go by June 1, it's good to have a dream, right?!?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome. A lot has happened in just a week. Let us know when you need help again. Ann

Anonymous said...

The flooring looks great and the white cabinets are a big improvement!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Are you tired of working so hard? Nancy

Laurie said...

I'm not tired of working down there yet. Today, however I was very annoyed with the previous owners. They covered the hostas around the deck with rocks so I had to uncover them today, poor things. In the back they dumped a ton of mulch over the shrubs and hostas and didn't even bother to spread most of it around. So there's a lot of mildew and now that most of it has been removed I hope things will progress. There are two grapevine plants, tags were left thankfully, so maybe we can make some wine in the future! At the closing these people did not seem like watermelon, flamingo accents, kill all the perennials type of people but who knew!?