Sunday, April 29, 2007

Chores with Grandpa


Here are two pictures I've been meaning to post. I think these are from Christmas, it looks too cold for MEA. Anyway, I think they're very cute. Joey was excited to ride in the tractor at Easter and when it was almost time for bed he reminded Grandpa that he needed that tractor ride so they went out. Dad said that Joey makes the tractor sound while they're driving and wants to do the steering. David had Joey out while Dad was working with the cattle and when they got in the house, Joey asked "Why do you yell at the cows, Grandpa?" Then he started imitating the yell and did a pretty accurate job. It was pretty funny. Dad enjoyed that!

I got up at 5:55 this morning, thanks to the resident cardinal. I managed to fall back asleep at 5:30 when he was just singing, but when he started banging his beak against the window, I couldn't get back to sleep so thought I might as well just get up. It's a nice morning anyway. I made an egg-bake, washed dishes and am spending a little bit of time on the computer before Dan needs it for work. He has a funeral for his great aunt tomorrow so his never to be missed Monday work must be completed today. All the data comes in on Monday so it's his busiest day of the week. We still have a little priming to do down at the cabin this afternoon. I'm going to transplant some perennials down there today and I'm looking forward to that.

4 comments:

jen said...

Cute pictures, Laurie! Tell Dan to drive safe and we'll be thinking about everyone tomorrow. Have a good week,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie -
I like the pictures - Joey still imitates grandpa's cow yelling. Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hey, the cardinals woke me up this morning at about the same time. Wow they are loud! Ann

Anonymous said...

I read that the cardinals are the first birds to wake in the morning and the last to go to bed. They have better vision than the other birds and that helps them get a head start. I'm hoping that ours will be busy with a nest soon instead of fighting off would be suiters. Did you read the newsweek article about the woman who shot a cardinal because it was driving her crazy? Hopefully things won't go that far! Laurie