Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cottage #4

All you red lovers will like this charming home.  It's another 100 year old cottage that has undergone many remodels.  This one had a nice open kitchen/living room/dining room.  
A very lovely flowerbed.
A nice spot for some iced tea.
They had a wonderful deck and LOTS of deck furniture...more red for you. The evidently haul in semi loads of sand to maintain this beach.
This is the vinyl coated wicker.  We saw tons of this on the tour.  I have some too and got mine at Fleet Farm and Target.  My Fleet Farm set is down at the cabin and is my favorite.   It's so easy to maintain.
I could enjoy a good magazine in that lounger, a boring one too for that matter.  They are very close to Lake Darling.  Zoning restrictions prevent new homes from being that close but if you remodel an existing you're okay.
I love the three colors used on this entrance.
This is the back of the garage which is a little patio area.  

1 comment:

the tattered nest said...

thanks for sharing this tour, I loved this cottage...I think what I liked best was how close the deck was to the lake..you must of came home with many ideas swimming in your head!