Sunday, July 20, 2008

Let's Play Ball!

Warren's up to bat...yes...Warren!!  Warren & Ann came to the Millerville game to watch Dan's team play Urbank but Warren ended up playing instead.  They had only 8 players so he was a very good sport to suit up and be the #9 guy.  Warren played right field and got on base with a walk and the other two ups he got hits but they got him out.  So thanks again Warren for sacrificing your back for the team!  Dan had a couple good plays and hits too.   :)  It was fun to see them play together.
Warren and Dan getting ready to bat.
I think he's having a good time!
They lost but that's okay.   We hope you won't be too sore this week, Warren!
The Mercantile is a restaurant/bar in Leaf Valley.  We had dinner here with W & A after the game.  Since I've been here a couple of times, I know where the bathrooms are.   Would you have a hard time finding them?  I certainly did the first time!  Have you ever seen restroom doors like this?  I wonder if they enjoy watching first-timers search in vain for the bathrooms.  There's one just like it for the guys and yes, Dan had a hard time finding it too because of course I didn't tell him.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun to play. Wish I would have been in better shape. The last time I played baseball was in 1973. A little sore today but not too bad. Thanks for the great pictures.

WJS

Anonymous said...

We love seeing those Smith boys in baseball uniforms! Good job Warren, wish we could have been there for the game! Maybe you'll want to come down to Shakopee during tournament time? Shelly

Shari said...

I hope you got him a beer and a brat after the game. He earned it!