Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday stuff

Today is going to be one of those summer days where I don't go anywhere, not even into Elbow.  It's a beautiful day just like yesterday.  I started mowing yesterday and I'm working at it today too.  I like to do chunks.  If I did the entire yard at once it would take at least 3 hours.  So I do a bit, go in the house, read, clean, surf the web, eat, then head out and do another chunk.  It's tolerable that way and it works for me.  
Yesterday I finished Sex Wars and I highly recommend it.  It's a fascinating look at women's lives post civil war period and their struggle for rights.  This historical piece of fiction takes place in Manhattan and it's an interesting glimpse into what the city was like then.  
So, I returned that book and checked out the new book for August-The Book Thief.  I have to admit I'm having a hard time getting into it but I know it's going to get better.  While in town, I spent an hour in my classroom sorting and organizing.  That project seems to be getting better too!  This post picture should really say,  I dreamed my classroom was clean!!!

1 comment:

aunnielee said...

I am currently in the middle of The Book Thief and throughly engaged -- it is definitely one of those books you have to stick with in the beginning and if I didn't have to read it for book club, I don't know if I would have given it a fair try which would have been my loss -- enjoy.