Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Big Local Fish

Good morning!  Did you see this photo in the Star Tribune yesterday?  This guy from Fergus caught it fishing off a dam on the Ottertail river  with a worm!  It's a 47 inch muskie.  That thing scares me, to think we could have one on Pomme De Terre.  Actually, one of our carpenters Lyle, found a northern that size (53 inches if I remember correctly) on his shore last summer.   I don't think they linger around docks, do you??  This fish was released according to the story.  Shari, ask Paul if a fish like that can live after being on shore for a few mn, some Strib readers didn't think so.

Things cooled off nicely over night.  I'm taking advantage of the free air conditioning this morning.  Mowing is on my agenda for today and I'm going to try a new scone recipe too. I picked wild asparagus a couple days ago for probably the last time this season and I need to freeze that.  Darlene are you getting raspberries yet or is it still a little early?  If you are, would you mind bringing some up for ice cream?
Have a great day!  Laurie

No comments: