Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tree limb

This tree limb came down Saturday afternoon and it wasn't even that windy.  When the yard dries up a little we're going to clean that up.   We got plenty of rain yesterday and we were getting pretty dry so it's a good thing.  Dan's morning rescheduled game with Brainerd was cancelled and he is happy about that.  Two trips to Fergus for baseball today wasn't ideal and he was supposed to catch this morning which is pretty hard on his legs.
I had a nice picture of my pizza to post today but I managed to delete it somehow.   I used some fresh basil in my toppings and this morning I was checking out the Pioneer Woman's website and she made pizza with basil too.  She recommends using basil pesto as a base and did a comparison with fresh basil.  Her link is on my side if you feel like checking it out.
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that recipe too and thought it would be a good one to try. I love making homemade pizza and thought the pesto base would be a nice change. I know my kids would turn their noses up at it as soon as they see tomato slices.

It's sunny and really windy here. Yesterday we had some storms move through and it was really a lousy day. I fully expect the lone tree in our back yard to go down someday.
Shari

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie, I always use basil Pesto as a base in my "white pizza" I also mix up chopped olives in my crust, and top off the basil pesto with some shredded parmesan cheese. It is very delicious.
Danette

Anonymous said...

That sounds very yummy. I will have to do that with my extra crust in the freezer. Thanks for the pizza tips!!!
Laurie