Monday, June 2, 2008

Spring Flowers

The lilacs are in full bloom.  We have French lilacs (shown above), white and the regular purple variety. The white is the most fragrant.  I used a variegated hosta in the above arrangement.  The hostas are getting just huge!  I was going to plant some annuals but the rain and cold kept me inside today.
The Lily of the Valley has been blooming for close to a week and is starting to wind down.   This is one of my favorite spring flowers and we have a huge patch around one of our big pines.  This little rabbit vase came from the Bargain Bazaar for $1.   There was a fake flower in it which made it look cheap but I thought it would look sweet with real flowers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it!I have Lily of the valley also. I picked some for a bouqet.They smell so good in the house. I also have Iris in a vase in the house.They are beautiful.