Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bunkhouse progress

Well, you can see that I decided to just leave it natural and I'm glad that I did.   I applied a toner to the pine that brought out some nice color.  It's about 75% done, there's still a lot of trim that needs paint and I have to decide about the big front window treatment.    I used some curtain panels that I sewed around 10 years ago but didn't use anymore.  I hung onto them as I figured I would find a way to use them again.  The bed skirt took 3 panels.  I had the bedding already too, just stole it from an upstairs bedroom in the house.  We have a dresser and wicker trunk we need to get out of there, both are in pretty bad condition...Kris's pit perhaps???

Bad kitty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie, your bunkhouse looks great! You are so talented!
I can't wait to see it in person.
Danette

Elle Jay Bee said...

Love, love love it!! What a fun place to hang out! I especially love the bunks with their pretty skirted fabric. I think you did a great job!!

Your blog looks great, too, by the way...

Linda