Monday, June 9, 2008

Fancy Nancy

I spent almost a full day at school today helping the janitors move items back into my new classroom from the hallway.  The carpets are clean and dry so I can work whenever I want now getting the first grade room in order.  It was nice to be there and arrange the room the way I wanted with plenty of help.  I really like my floor plan, it has good flow.  Shirley was there too moving from third into my old room.  I think/hope I have everything out of the 4th grade room. 
 It was pretty cold so I didn't mind working.  We had a short downpour mid morning. 
It was fun going through some books left behind from who knows how many years back.  I inherited some fun old bird books that I will find a way to use including some colored overhead pictures.  I tossed and donated a bunch of books to the Bargain Bazaar too.   The books I tossed were in terrible shape or had missing front covers.

Speaking of books, have you heard of the Fancy Nancy picture books?  Emily Berkness showed them to me and they are great!  Wonderful vocabulary and lots of fun.  Apparently, the first was published the year I moved to 4th so they are new to me.  There are 3 or 4 different titles and are perfect for age 4 and up. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophie has Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy. It's a very cute book and I love Nancy, but I may be biased. Nancy

jen said...

Those look like cute books:) Maybe a birthday idea for a little girl who will be 5 in July??