Tuesday, June 24, 2008

City Snapshots

Two weeks ago...
Last Friday....
We had a fun busy weekend.  It started on Friday with RENT.  Dan, Sarah and I went down that afternoon and had a fun time in Mpls and then over to St. Paul.  Got home around 2 am that evening! Dan has a couple good pictures on his phone that we need to get off so I can publish.

 On Saturday, we took off for Cyrus.  Shari, Royce and families were home and Paul had a fish fry (all walleye!) for all of us, Roger & Rose and some neighbors too.  It was a nice day.  Gracie is crawling all over and I neglected to take a picture all day!  Shari, maybe you can supply me with one or two? 
Sunday, we had Dan's BB game in the afternoon and Warren, Ann and Sarah attended and came to the cabin for supper.  We grilled in honor of Ann's upcoming birthday on Sunday.  Another lovely day.  We've had so much good weather lately although I think we could use a little rain here soon.  
I finally used my Kitchen Aid mixer last night.  I whipped up a batch of biscotti and boy was that ever slick.  I am going to enjoy having this thing.  I even made Dan watch so he could be equally impressed. The cranberry/almond/white chocolate biscotti turned out perfectly.  I think my hand mixer is going to become a little lonely in its drawer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not take any pictures over the weekend either, but I'll get some photos of Gracie this weekend. It will be fun to see her again so soon.

I'm glad to hear you used your mixer. You will only like it more as time goes on. I used mine today to try a new cinnamon roll recipe and to make cream cheese frosting.
Shari

Anonymous said...

Laurie, these photos make me homesick for the Cities. They are really lovely.

You will wonder how you ever lived without a kitchen aid mixer. I would never give mine up!
Danette