Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Planting in the rain

These plants are waiting patiently for me to do something with them.  I hope that will happen this afternoon.  Currently, it's raining so I may have to get wet.  At least I have my new boots!
Look at how big my hostas are getting!  I can hardly believe it.  Hostas are the best because they are so low maintenance and love the shade.
This is my new arbor.  It's okay-a white one would be prettier but I can move this one easily if I ever want to.  I planted morning glories in the planters and I hope they will crawl up the arbor.  I will have to give them a little help to make the first jump, maybe some grapevine.  
This is my last post for now, it's time to get busy outside, rain or shine!  
One last thing...do you see the little shrubs in the background?  That is a massive amount of buckthorn.  That is where I'm headed this afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT looks so nice, beautiful is a better choice. It our anniversary. We are having a quiet evening at home. Jim has an infection in his thumb. He is taking darvocet for the pain. He also taking an antibiotic. He goes to the Dr. tomorrow for heart check up.It has been a year since he has seen a dr.I had the same thing with my thumb this spring but it wasn't as bad.It has been so wet that I can't plant.My garden is coming up. So will have to watch the rabbits. Have some help this year as we have stray cats around.

Anonymous said...

My hostas are bigger. (That's what she said.)