Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bales

This painting was created by Steven Henning from Evansville.  We've been lucky to have him as a artist in residence at our school a few times.  I found this painting on his website a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it.
Yesterday, on my way home from Elbow I had to stop and take some photo's of these bales just along the "shortcut road" to Barrett.  
The big one looks like it's about to roll down the hill.
I like it in black and white and the farm in the background is a nice addition don't you think?  I didn't even plan that.
I did a color boost on this picture and a little fading around the edges.  On the way up to Shari's, Ellen and I stopped to take photo's of an Amish hayfield.   They had little old fashioned stacks, and you don't see that everyday.  It would be neat to see how they do their corn.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Sarah has been inspiring your photo shooting. Great pics! Deb

Anonymous said...

LOVE the hay bales! When we get settled in a house I am going to ask for one to hang on the wall! They make me miss North Dakota!
Danette