Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rummage in the Park

Now what should I do?!??

Carly had to be content with pretty shirts!
She really enjoyed this store despite the lack of dresses for her.
Ellen refuses to shop here with us.
Wouldn't this make a nice inaugural dress?

Shari didn't like this dress at all but put it at my request.  Notice the shoes that she did purchase, were they $5? Very cute and made in Italy.

Shari picked this one out for herself.  Fun colors!
Carly actually found this one!  I liked it too and after I tried it on I loved it.  Where could I wear this?!
A sporty pantsuit!
This dress was very pretty and we liked the gathered bodice.  Too bad the picture is rather blurry but you get the idea.  Rummage in the park is sooo much fun!  Shari got a pair of jeans in addition to her shoes.  I picked up a nice pair of black dress pants from Banana Republic for only $10, actually 8 since everything was 20 % off!  So we do get some good deals on items we can actually wear but the fun part is trying on the vintage clothing.  Women really knew how to dress up back in the 60's early 70's and the sizes have certainly changed.  A current size 6 is more like a 0 back then.  Do you remember that?  It's crazy but I wear a smaller size now than I did when I was in HS and I haven't gotten smaller.  
This year I did buy one of the vintage outfits pictured above.  Which one do you think I took home?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looked like a fun time! Which one did you buy? The one Carly found for you? Ann

Anonymous said...

I am guessing you bought the pretty pink one.
Danette

the tattered nest said...

these pictures go to show that you would look great in a gunny sack..thanks for the tip on getting rid of spammers! I will try the word identification...p.s. you mentioned my short sporty hair cut, that wasn't me, the three ladies pictured were my friends...my hair is still long, I would be chicken to cut mine that short, but it looks so good on my friend Lynn...

Anonymous said...

I still can't get over how awful that top dress I tried on was. I liked the floral one. I'm feeling kind of sad that you didn't purchase two items.
Shari

Anonymous said...

And doesn't Carly look like she should have a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other in the first picture?