Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thrifty things




Just some little goodies I've picked up in the last couple of weeks and the last bowl picture shows the large Pyrex bowl Shari gave me for my birthday to match the little one I got earlier this summer.  It's a chip and dip set.  It's a nice big bowl that could be used for lots of things.  The red floral tray caught my eye up in Hibbing and it will be a gift for a lover of red, sorry Nancy, it's not for you or you either Charice.  It is a short bed tray or tv tray.  

The plate is a pattern that I really like a lot and previously had just one bowl that I enjoyed using.  Well, I was excited when I saw 5 bowls, 5 medium plates and 2 dessert plates at the Bargain Bazaar.  Yeah, they're mine now and I already donated some other items to make room in the cupboard for them.  It's actually a necessity.

The little brown vanity suitcase or makeup case came from an antique store in Alex for 2.99. It will store a bunch of my craft items eventually.

The candy jar came from the BB for $1.  It can be used for candy or an apothecary jar, please don't ask me what that means but to me it means bath items.   Also little gifts from nature-a nest perhaps?

First day of workshops today.  Tomorrow we are going to Morris for shared classes and a speaker...Corwin Kronenberg...I am very excited to hear him!  Has anyone besides Shari??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard him twice, (since I've been doing this for SOOO long!) and he's great. I hope you'll agree after hearing him, he makes you excited to get back to your students no matter how many years you've been teaching.
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Wow, did you score some GREAT stuff. When we visit you will need to take me to the bazaar!
Danette