Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vegas catch up

We stayed at the Monte Carlo mainly because of it's great location on the strip and nice pool area but my favorite hotel is the Bellagio.  We stayed here once and loved it.  This glass piece or whatever you would call it is in the hotel lobby.  I might put the top picture in a frame someday.

This photo of Dan is taken on the Bellagio grounds but you can see the Paris hotel in the background, the Venetian too I guess.
Just laying out here (in the shade) enjoying the view of palm trees overhead and construction straight ahead!
I got about 4 inches cut last week and had Dan take a photo for you.  My favorite thing about Vegas is that my hair doesn't flatten due to humidity.  I LOVE Vegas hair.  No wonder they just had the hairstyling convention there last week.
So, what haven't I told you about Vegas...we went to Penn & Teller one night and enjoyed their show.  It's basically a show where they explain all the tricks but it still looks pretty magical.  They're funny guys.  We caught Teller talking outside after the show with a big crowd around him.  Penn was further down the hall with a smaller crowd so I went up and said hi and got to give the big hairy sweaty guy a hug.  My lucky day!!!   Too bad we didn't have the camera along.
We ate too much food at the buffets, relaxed a lot during the day at the pool, read a lot, did a little bit of gambling, and spent time out enjoying the sights on the strip.  We discovered that it isn't much hotter there in August than June.  A cab driver told us that June-Sept are pretty much the same.  He also said that things are dead in Vegas, the economy is really hurting them.  We decided to go because of the cheap airfare/hotel so maybe there will be more of that in the future.  We only stayed for 2 nights and that was just right as we were ready to get home on the 3rd day.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love the hair. You are stunning!
Danette