Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Warren, Ann & Sarah were at the cabin Saturday and today.  We had a nice time visiting and relaxing with them.  The 4 of us (and that does not include Dan) enjoyed playing Racko and Dutch Blitz outside on the deck Sat afternoon. Dan enjoyed a good nap instead.  Ann and Sarah visited my classroom and the Bargain Bazaar earlier in the afternoon.  Sarah found a few goodies but her best deals came from the free table/shelves in the teacher's workroom.  She picked out some vintage scarves that somebody left and I took the free Racko game.  It was new to me but Warren says they used to play it "for hours!"  I think I'll leave it in the cabin for future fun.  
Yes, I am teaching the Smiths how to play Dutch Blitz.  Shari and Ellen got the Larson family started a few years ago and not it's time for the Smith family to join the fun.  Sarah and I took the jet ski out this afternoon even though most of the lake was VERY choppy.  We rode some of the waves out there and got very wet.   Our little corner of the lake on the cabin side has been in the quiet calm side most of the weekend so that has been nice.  It is really roaring up here now, the weather channel said gusts up to 40 mph and it sounds like it.  It's like our own little Gustav out there.  
Tomorrow morning I have to go into school and put in another 3-4 hours.  I have some more organizing and planning to do.  Hope not to be there past noon. 
 Happy Labor Day, don't work too hard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy and relaxing Labor Day! We have Tyler moved into his apartment in Brookings for one last time. The closet is HUGE! You could play foosball in there! We are just chillin tomorrow. Mike started work at his new job 6am on Monday..has to drive to Sioux City every day. He is a morning person so thats good. Have a good first day at school! Deb

Anonymous said...

We are having a quiet dayand a quiet weekend also. Duff goes home today to hospice care.Sandy brought Gloria over to the hospital to see Duff.THey were so happy to see one another. It is so sad.Well sounds like my laundry is ready for the dryer. Have a good day tomorrow. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I love the first picture on this post, I'd like to copy it if it's yours Laurie! I love the game Racko, I keep trying to teach each year's classes to play but since it has no moving parts except the cards, they usually are not interested. I have about 5 sets in my game cupboard at school and made my own children play it with me a couple of times. I'm also trying to finish the classroom and get those last minute details taken care of before they come charging in on Tuesday morning. Good luck with the start of school!
Shelly