Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's still summer, People!

You may just think that I am in a bit of denial but summer is not over until September 22! Yes, the kids are going back to school and vacation is over or soon over but the season is still with us. Please remind people of that and let's enjoy it until the last day.  

I snapped this photo of a cute couple fishing on Swan lake.  Paul said they are using cane poles and it's just kind of an old fashioned thing.  It looks like they're trying to get really big fish!

I am in the mood to do a little work in my room so even though it's a Saturday I am going to take advantage of that and head there soon for just a couple of hours.  I have some areas I want to paint with chalkboard paint and if I unload a couple of boxes that will be good too.  Hopefully, I will be one of the only ones there so I won't be distracted.  

Dan's team played in Urbank last night, they won, so they play at 1 in Union Hill on Sunday.  I won't be going to the game.  Dan is dropping me off at Nancy's.  His buddies came up last night so he had some juggling to do and wasn't a very good host for a few hours but they seemed to understand and manned the grill without him.  They're having breakfast at Ruby's in Ashby this morning and then heading to Ottertail to rent a pontoon to fish, then back to the cabin for grilling and whatever else guys do when they're alone.  There are some beautiful places on Ottertail but I didn't think Dan would want to snap pictures of them for my blog. :)  Maybe I will get to someday.

Have a great day!  There's still a month left of summer!!!!

No comments: