Sunday, August 3, 2008

Munsinger Gardens-Trolling

On Friday morning, I picked up Charice in St. Cloud where Sean was working-bright and early in the morning!  We toured the Munsinger/Clemens Gardens on the river.  It was Charice's first visit.  It was absolutely gorgeous- nice and quiet at 7:30 am too.  If you've never been there, it's definitely worth a stop if you're in the area.

We arrived home and got our outfits ready for a little trolling.  Charice was the official "Face Painter!"  She did a great job as "Horace" the troll!!!  We had a lot of fun and besides trolling we hit a few rummage sales, took a tour of the Bargain Bazaar, my classroom, the public library and other events going on that afternoon.  There were 30 rummage sales but I only went to 4 including a huge one at the Humane Society.  People have a lot of junk(treasures) to get rid of I guess.  Nancy, does Charice's mask look familiar??  Charice only made one toddler cry and she was at least 10 feet away.  It must be the mask as Nancy had the same thing happen last year.

After enough fun in town, we went home and made 2 Key Lime Pies(one for us and one for the pie sale.) We used Mom's recipe that is very easy and will show up in a post soon.  Sean decided to go to Dan's game in Alex so Charice and I hung out at the cabin and had  good tour of the lake on the jet ski.   The lake was totally calm so it was perfect for that.  We got the screen tent up and a good fire going just before the guys got home.  It was a very fun day and nice to have lots of time together.  I have other good pictures to post later.  Dan's working at home on Monday so I won't get a chance for awhile.

3 comments:

Shari said...

I have a feeling Mom got her key lime pie recipe from me. I tried a few different ones before I found the one that I now stick with. It's a great summer dessert.

Shari said...

I forgot to add that I really want one of those masks. Do they have someone make them? Do they order them from a company? I would love to answer the door to trick-or-treaters wearing one.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where they get them. I can try to find out for you. A few years ago they got a new batch, that's about all I know. The one I'm wearing is the one MaKenzie wore last year I think. It looks like a spacey troll compared to the crazy looking orange haired troll.
Laurie