Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Better Loon Picture

Okay, this is the picture I was looking for.  In this photo alone, there are 20 loons and there were more off to the sides and some were diving too so our best estimate was 35 for sure...maybe more.    I'm guessing it is quite a few loon families congregating for fall migration. Or possibly a lot of loons raise families on this lake.  It's very clean and deep.
I should have taken a better picture of Paul's fishing boat.  Dad asked me about it and I couldn't even tell him what kind it was.  Shari, is it a Crestliner???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a 17.5 foot Crestliner Fish Hawk. I had to ask Paul because I didn't know either.

Shari

Laurie said...

Thank you Shari! Darlene is wondering where you got your hat but you've had it a couple of years so it's too late anyway. Was it Herbergers though?

the tattered nest said...

I love loons! my Mom had the best loon call...oh, lake memories...

Anonymous said...

The hat is from Target. Since I only wear it in Florida I have strong positive feelings toward it.