Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Swan Lake Boat Ride

When I was up in Keewatin, Paul took us all out for a nice long tour of Swan Lake near Pengilly on Friday afternoon.  It was wonderful!  Here are a few fun pictures.  I have some neat house/cabin pictures but will post them later.
Carly didn't really want to go at first but she ended up having a great time.  Shari let me wear her favorite vacation hat and I didn't lose it!!
This isn't the loon picture I thought it was.  I have a better one that I will post later.  I am sure that I will never again see so many loons in one spot in my life.  At first, we were excited to see 5.  Then we saw at least a dozen in one spot.  At the end of the ride, we counted around 35 loons all hanging out together!  They did a little calling too, probably a warning cry, it was amazing.  I commented that they should call Swan Lake, Loon lake instead.
Ellen got the navigator's seat!
Paul usually fishes on this lake but was happy to just do a tour for us that day.  Thanks Paul, it was so much fun!   (Doesn't Paul have a nice fishing boat?!)  Thanks for the walleye you sent home with me too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just the hat that I am looking for. Where did Shari get it? Enjoy your pictures. sounds you are enjoying your final days of vacation.AM serving a funeral dinner on Fri. So not much exciting going on here. Darlene

Anonymous said...

Hey, that is the exact same hat I have! I love mine too!
Danette