Thursday, January 24, 2008

302nd Post!


I have some kids this year who are nuts over puzzles and these three boys are the masters.  They always have a puzzle going and this was their latest. The blondie on the left told me today that their rule is that once the pieces have been dumped out of the box there is no going back, it must be completed!  Now that's dedication for you!  They picked out another 500 piece cardinal puzzle so I guess they like birds too.  They requested a photo with this one because it was quite a challenge with all the light gray pieces in the background.  
The other pictures are from the Humane Society today.  I brought two of my students after school today and they had a great time.  You might recognize Cody.  I've known him since he was about two as his grandmother and I are friends and former coworkers.  It's fun to be his teacher this year, I missed getting him in first grade.  He is one of the smartest kids I've ever taught.  I wonder what he'll grow up to be.
Joni commented on my last post!  Nice to hear from her!  She mentioned Jodi Picoult and I happened to get her book "Plain Truth" in our used Christmas Book Club exchange.   Our media director highly recommended this book/author and usually love the books she suggests.   Any other Picoult fans out there? Nancy and Shari I believe.  I think I will start this book next as soon as I finish the last 20 pgs in Skinny Dip.  I got sidetracked by Eat, Pray, Love that's why it's taking me so long to finish Skinny Dip.  I have to re-read the Joy Luck Club for Feb book club too.  I'm not a big fan of re-reading but I try for book club.
Hard to believe it's my 302nd post today.  I should have mentioned it on 300 but I missed the boat.  They got rid of Gene Simmons on The Apprentice last week so I am done with that show.  There sure is a lot of crap on TV right now.  More time for reading I guess.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the warmer temps that had better get here!!! ~Laurie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm seriously missing "30 Rock" and "The Office." I am thankful to have a couple more episodes of FNLs to watch. Have you and Dan finished season 1? I hope the writers' strike ends soon. At least a new season on "Ace of Cakes" starts this week. That's about the only reality show I can stand to watch anymore.

Shari

Anonymous said...

I think it is awesome that you have gotten your class interested in the Humane Society. It is great that you take them after school to help out. Ann