Monday, January 14, 2008

Manic Monday

We woke up this morning to water dripping through the floor down to the basement.  Luckily, the plumbing/heating guy was coming today to fix the gas fireplace so we shut the water off and added another job to his list.  Dan was heading to Mpls for a few days but delayed his plans til Tuesday to deal with the water issue, not a lot of water but enough.  I was looking forward to sleeping in until my dentist appt  at 9 but was up at 6:30.  I took a shower so Dan could shut the water off and then went back to bed for a little while.  My tooth took from 9 til 12!!  I got a break to use the bathroom and about 30 mn in the waiting room while the new filling was being prepared.  3 shots of Novocaine, not fun and one in the roof of my mouth, I hate those. Oh and LOTS of drilling-which I also hate.  And did I mention they had to cauterize some of the gum tissue, which I felt... which caused the extra novocaine shot in the roof of my mouth. Yikes!
  I had a sub all day so I went to the thrift store afterwards and hung up the Bargain Bazaar Banner that I made for the front window.  I think it looks pretty good.   I helped price for awhile and then went back home.  The plumber arrived at 6 and solved both problems in 2 hours.  He still had another job after us, can you imagine?  He said most of his days go that long and that he takes Sunday off most of the time.  Busy guy!  And I forgot to mention that last week our fridge stopped, just the top not the freezer.  We tried to fix it on our own but no luck.  So we had a guy out for that too.  Hope we're done with repairs and dentistry for awhile!   I ended the day by reading in front of the newly working fireplace-not a bad way to end the day.  I'm heading to bed now-Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie, some days just go like that. the thrift shop looks really nice. You guys did a wonderful job in there. Hope it goes well. I'm glad you finally worked up the courage to let the dentist take care of you.. You set a really goos example for your students. We won't tell them how you put it off and whined for a while. Kris

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your visit to the dentist is behind you. It's hard to work up the nerve to get "big" stuff done.

Shari