Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday Ramblings

I took this picture earlier this winter.  It's a female cardinal.  The male was attacking his image this morning on the handle of our French door in the TV room again.  I would love to capture that on video sometime but that would be hard to do unless he's on a schedule.
This week in the workroom, a coworker was talking about making an omelette in your waffle iron.  She said you just mix up your eggs and whatever you want in your omelette and pour it into the iron.  She got the idea from a guest on the Rachel Ray show.  I might try that sometime.

Yesterday, I worked from 9:30-4:30 at the Bargain Bazaar.  There were about 7 of us working and we really had a lot of fun.  Liz and I priced most of the day.  She's one of our 5 managers. Yes, 5!  Kind of a lot but they're all really great.  There are a ton of items coming in.   That day someone brought in a nice Little Tykes Kitchen set and a neat Barbie house that folds up into a carrier.  Right away, I'm thinking of all the nieces who might like those items but I can't start buying everything I think someone might like or I'm going to be in trouble.  If there is anything in particular you are looking for you should let me know so that I can keep my eyes open for you.  For example, if I see any Paula figurines I know they will be appreciated by Shari if I pick them up.  So, just let me know.  I plan to set up a blog for the store and maybe you will be able to shop from some of my photos.  There's a pink Texasware bowl that is priced at $10 and probably worth at least twice that.  Most of our items are cheap in the kitchen but we are going to price antiques/collectibles accordingly.  We have to pay the rent after all.


We went to Whiskey Creek the other night with friends and enjoyed that new restaurant.  I had the bacon wrapped shrimp which was very yummy along with a baked sweet potato and grilled veggies.  Dan liked his ribs.  They serve up a lot of food as most dinners come with 2 sides.
I can't think of anything else to write about. Enjoy your day!
One more photo...last weekend it was very cold we had sundogs.  Here's a picture.  Doesn't it make you feel cold?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie, What are the days ans hours that a person can drop things off for the thrift store. and what will and won't they take. Kris

Shari said...

I would really like a Tupperware sugar container - the little one with the flip tops. One will come through eventually. It's good to have thrift store connections.