Monday, January 7, 2008

A Nice Story

I have a nice story to share with you that came from Becky today.  Becky emailed that she had found something in her home that she had been searching for for many years.  She said it was all because of me and that I had to call her right after school.  She also mentioned that she had been crying happy tears all morning.  Well, needless to say I was curious and called her during my first break.  
Becky was going through items to donate to the thrift store and way back in a cupboard came to a box of sewing supplies and inside was a button box that had a white cardboard jewelry box inside.  She only opened it because she thought there might be some pretty vintage buttons inside.  The jewelry box appeared to be empty and she was going to throw it but decided to look under the cotton layer first.  There were the wedding bands that she received from her parents when she was barely 20 years old.  She stopped wearing them when she was expecting as they didn't fit anymore.  They had been missing for 30 years! She had almost given up any hope of finding them.  I'm so happy that I played a part in finding them for her, although the main credit goes to Becky's generosity and tidiness!   Don't you like a happy story?
PS
She will not be donating them to the Bargain Bazaar.  ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the story. Maybe Jim will find his father's watch someday. He is feeling better after a bout of sinutitus.Enjoy your blog.

Anonymous said...

What a neat story! There may be hope in finding my missing watch! Ann