Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Flowers in January

Here's a pretty picture (from a blog in Europe) to lift your spirits as we head into a January cold spell.  It's very windy out there tonight and that bothers me almost as much as the cold. 
Today was opening day at the Bargain Bazaar and we had $540 in sales.  We're very excited about that.  I don't believe that includes about $250 in sales before opening day, they let us buy early as a perk for volunteering.  I bought a great cream vintage coat last weekend for $20.  I'll post a picture of it sometime.  
Did you watch the premiere of American Idol 2008?  I wasn't going to but broke down.  I did do my correcting and got my kitchen cleaned while watching  so it's okay.  I think horse girl was my favorite.  They focus too much on the freaks in the beginning but it is fun to spot your favorites early on, makes it more fun in the end.
Time for me to shut down and read.  I'm in the middle of Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen.  We read Nature Girl by the same author for book club last summer and I disliked that book.  Everyone said I should try this one instead and I am enjoying this much more.
Good night and be careful in this cold.  ~Laurie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sounds like A good start especially in this cold weather.Haven't done much today. At least I am not sick. This the first wed. that I have gone to school since before Christmas.We were outside today and that was good. Tomorrow we will be in according to the forecast.

Anonymous said...

You had a great opening! You'll have to let me know what you think about "Skinny Dip." The guy with the skin patches cracked me up.

Shari

Anonymous said...

Laurie, I haven't visited your BLOG for a while so I've now spent some time "catching up". I cringed at your dentist story!!! I hate going there and having work done. Yuck! I love the photos of Becky's house. It brought back the "coziness" of being there. I loved the wedding band story, too! I am enjoying your "GREEN" additions as that's where my heart is and has been for a long time. I also enjoyed your short vidoes of the kids singing: a new addition. I had some good chuckles at some of the photos, too. Dan's quite a guitar player! Stay warm! Jan