Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bargain Bazaar Coats

This is the most recent coat I found for $10.  Most of the time I wear black coats so this is a nice change for me.  It's lightly quilted with down and is quite toasty.  I can change the look with the many scarves and hats I own.  The brown hat is a boiled wool one that I picked up last summer, I love it and it's very warm. Nancy made this scarf and I often get compliments on it.
Here's the vintage coat I purchased for $20.  It's a wool cashmere blend, shawl collar and kind of a swing coat as it has no closure.  My favorite part is the pretty lining.  I'll wear it when it warms up a bit.  I look better with a hat on.  I need to do something with my hair.
The Bargain Bazaar continues to do well.  Day 2 earned $250, Day 3 $360, and that's as far as I've heard.  I think as long as the donations come in we will do well.  I'm signed up to work next Saturday.  I'll pick up some extra shifts in the summer.  

1 comment:

Shari said...

Those are great coats. I especially like the quilted coat - to find a coat like that for $10 is steal.