Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!

I made chicken pot pie (nice warm comfort food for January) and had a little fun with the extra crust.  I've been cooking a lot in the last couple of days and have lots of leftovers for school lunches such as lasagna, shepherd's pie, and chicken noodle soup.
It has been so cold today.  We spent a good chunk of last evening and today watching season 1 of Friday Night Lights.  Dan and I both like the program as Shari predicted we would.  Dan was starting to watch season 2 this year so it's fun to go back and catch up.  Whenever the writers strike ends we'll be caught up. I also collected enough items to fill another box for the thrift store, a small dent.  How did you spend your first day of 2008?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

chicken pot chicken pot chicken pot pie!

Laurie said...

That's a good one!!!!

Shari said...

Damn! The anonymous poster beat me! The pot pie does look very good.

I'm glad you are enjoying "Friday Night Lights." I knew you would - especially Dan. Seriously, readers of Laurie's blog - spend $20 and the get the entire first season - all 22 episodes. It's a super bargain. If I ever ask people if they watch this show they either say, "I've heard it's good, but I haven't watched it," or, "I love it! It's my favorite show."

It won't be long before Laurie starts talking about Tim Riggins, Mama Smash, and Buddy as if she really knows these people.